Thursday 2 January 2014

The beginning of the Bluetrain

After such a successful and enjoyable season with MG Maxifuel I was sad to be leaving but there was no way I could turn down such a great opportunity that UnitedHealthcare pro cycling would bring. Ever since signing the contract there has been endless amount’s of exciting things happening. Having emails sent through with pictures of the new WillierTrestina race bikes, race schedules etc. When I got the email through about flying to Arizona for the first UHC training camp I was pretty excited. I couldn't wait to get there and meet all my team mates and staff. The team booked me a flight a day earlier than everyone else so I would have a head start on getting over the travel and jet lag.
When I arrived in Arizona I was a little taken back with how professional the team was. I felt very privileged to be there and to be part of the blue train. With there being over 50 riders and staff I was a little overwhelmed and had no idea how I was going to remember everyone's name but by the end of the week I had got my head round it. With the men having so much success in 2013 it was great riding with them and they were all so friendly and welcoming. 

FasterAZ, was a great facility where all 35 of the UHC riders got bike fits and wind tunnel testing. It was a great set up and they worked non-stop to make sure that all riders were seen to and hopefully we can repay them with some good results.

I for one cannot wait to get on my bike, race and hopefully win with the UHC girls

Bring on 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment